You are coming to the UK to learn English, and while your stay should be enjoyable, it must be cost effective and make the best use of your time. This is why Spencer School do not add costs for activities, visits, etc, that may not interest you and increase prices. We give you full information about excursions and visits that might be of interest, and will be happy to accompany you on these.
Please note that we do not add any charges for administration, booking fees, host family reservations, etc.
Given the present devaluation of the pound, especially to the euro, now is a great time to take advantage of the lower cost to you, of your chosen course.
Intensive Small Group Course
Fees for your course include the following:
- Personal profiling of your present English level and needs using our Self Evaluation Assessment Test (SEAT) before you arrive
- Analysis of your present English level before you arrive by questionnaire
- Three hours per day tuition (17.5 hours per week including tutored break times) in a class with a guaranteed maximum of five people.
- One hour per week individual tuition.
- Post Learning Programme and follow-up email assessment.
- Best available host family accommodation with half board, i.e. breakfast and dinner, with full board at weekends.
- Information and arrangement of excursions for individual and group needs.
At Spencer School we like to keep own pricing plan simple with no hidden extras and so you pay only for the course and accommodation.
The minimum course length is two weeks and our fee is £235 per week for a course of one to four weeks reducing to £225 per week four to eight weeks, and £215 per week for longer stays.
Host family accommodation as detailed above is £124 per week or £184 per week for executive stay with en suite facilities if available. (see Accommodation page)
This means your total weekly cost for tuition and accommodation is: £369.00 per week
Spencer School keep their cost low............. and their quality high................
English in Medicine Course
The cost for this course is the same as the Intensive Small Group Course, but with an additional one hour session every day specifically for English in medicine.
The total weekly cost for tuition and accommodation for the English in Medicine Course is: £255 per week plus £124 host family accomodation.
We can also arrange home stay accommodation where you will be tutored privately, or add additional private lessons.
For all our courses we can also arrange:
- Additional private tuition at £30 per hour.
- Accompanied or unaccompanied excursions as required – click the Excursions and Days Out tab for more information.
- Arrival and departure transfers either by private or public transport. Please contact us for details of your requirements; for example a personal use taxi from Gatwick Airport is £110 each way.